Monday, March 10, 2008

Round 3? Maybe...

Nathan had to go back into clinic today to have his blood counts checked and possibly be admitted to the hospital for round 3 of chemo. His blood counts came back too low for chemo, but his doctor decided to go ahead and admit him to start fluids. She is hoping that his counts will be high enough tomorrow to give him chemo. The lab will come in at 4 am to take blood to check his counts and if his counts aren't high enough, we will be discharged and will have to come back on Thursday to try this again.  

His Alpha Fetoprotein level came back today and it is down to 177 from the 1932 that it was last month. This means that the tumor is shrinking and no longer producing AFP.  

Thank you for all your continued prayers and support. 

No comments: